Mission Statement: Wild Swan Theater is dedicated to producing professional theater of the highest artistic quality for families and to making that theater accessible to everyone including low income, minority and disabled children through low ticket prices and innovative outreach programs.
Wild Swan Theater has been delighting family audiences since 1980 with performances that blend storytelling, movement, and music into magical, accessible experiences.
Premiering productions in its home base of Ann Arbor and touring them throughout Michigan and the Midwest, Wild Swan has enchanted hundreds of thousands of play-goers of all ages in theaters, schools, libraries, and museums of all sizes.
Wild Swan Theater is nationally known for its ingenious artistry, its innovative audience accessiblity program, and its projects for participants with disabilities.
Through a project named Dramatically Able, Wild Swan Theater is making drama accessible to participants with disabilities.
Interested in learning more? Please read this article which originally appeared in the Crazy Wisdom Community Journal. This essay was first published in Issue #54, May through August 2013.
Available from Wild Swan Theater
- Come see us – performances in Ann Arbor, Michigan
- We come to you – touring productions
- Workshops of varying lengths for able and disabled youth and adults, as well as teachers.
- Teacher in-service programs to help incorporate drama into the classroom.
- Instructional material in book and video formats illustrating drama activities for youth and adolescents with disabilities.
- Online resource guide to theater and perfoming arts that are accessible to audiences with disabilities.
- Camps and Classes held at the Wild Swan Theater rehearsal space.
Some of the funders who have recognized the excellence of Wild Swan with their support:
- The National Endowment for the Humanities
- Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs
- Michigan Humanities Council
- James A. and Faith Knight Foundation
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Community Foundation of Southeast Michigan
- Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation
- Very Special Arts/Michigan
For more information, please call or write:
Wild Swan Theater
6175 Jackson Road — Suite B, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
TTY/Voice: (734) 995-0530