Making Drama Accessible to Participants with Disabilities
- Teacher’s Handbook of drama games for deaf, blind, mobility impaired and developmentally disabled children. Each activity facilitates creative expression and provides multiple opportunities to develop and improve social interaction and communication skills.
Cost: $30 + $7 (Shipping and Handling) = $37
To order, call (734) 995-0530 or email email@example.com
Drama is a creative art form. It is rich in opportunities for children to develop language arts skills. Dramatic activities such as role-playing, storytelling, and pantomime exercise the imagination and build communication skills.
Dramatic activities in this handbook will compliment many educational objectives while developing communication skills and building self-esteem. Although all children can benefit from the activities, they have been designed especially for children with disabilities.
Regardless of a child’s ability or form of disability, the activities will provide:
- A workout in verbal and non-verbal communication skills, as well as physical movement skills.
- An appreciation of cooperation and collaboration.
- An opportunity to feel successful.
- An increase in self-awareness and social confidence.
Dramatically Able was supported by grants from the following organizations:
- Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation
- The Community Foundation for Southeastern Michigan
- The Frederick S. Upton Foundation
- The Michigan Council for the Arts and Cultural Affairs
- The Pistons-Palace Foundation
- Very Special Arts/Michigan
- The W.K. Kellogg Foundation